Angel isn’t popular for nothing. Because it holds a lot of deep meaning, it has been a popular choice for both men and women. It is also a common choice for people who are getting tattoo for the first time. If you are one of the newbies, there are things that you need to know before getting a tattoo. In one of our articles, we shared with you the things that you need to know before getting a tattoo. Now, we share to you the things that you need to know after getting.
Remember that a tattoo isn’t fully set right after getting it. You have to undergo a complete healing process and should be mindful of the instructions after getting . Getting exposes you to certain bacteria we can’t stress enough the importance of aftercare to prevent infection. Each artist has their own tips, so make sure to listen to their instructions and advice. But of course, there are some basic tips that everyone should know. Read on to find out.
- Immediately after getting a tattoo, a bandage or covering will be placed for about one to three hours. The artist will give you instructions as to when can you remove the bandage. The bandage is used to collect blood, etc., prevent staining your clothes and exposing it at first.
- Never use a plastic wrap to cover the tattoo. It can be a breeding ground for bacteria and will increase your risk for infection.
- Make sure to repeatedly wash your tattoo throughout the day (or as instructed) with an antibacterial soap. To be safe, use a non-scented variant. Doing so will help keep the area clean and avoid risk for infection. Do this for not less than two weeks (or as instructed).
- Never touch your tattoo with unwashed or dirty hands. It is the easiest way to contaminate the area and this might lead to infection.
- Apply an ointment after washing the area for at least three days. By doing this, you will keep the are hydrated and it can help speed-up the healing process. Ask your tattoo artist what ointment can he recommend. There are a lot of available ointments in the counter. Remember to use it sparingly. A thin layer is enough.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing for the first few weeks.
- If you are planning to go on a beach trip after getting a tattoo, don’t (for at least 2 weeks). Prevent activities that will make you swear excessively. Prevent too much sun exposure. Avoid hot tubs, ocean, pool, etc. These could hinder the healing process.
- Taking a shower is not prohibited. You just have to make sure that you don’t take showers too long and that you will not use hot water.
- Don’t scratch or peel any hard layers or scabbing. This is part of the healing process and scratching them off intentionally could damage your tattoo. You wouldn’t want to ruin the design, don’t you?
- Drinking alcohol is not a good idea during the healing phase. Alcohol has components which thins the blood. This will increase the risk of bleeding. Bleeding will make it difficult for the ink to push in. If giving up alcohol seems so hard for you, tell yourself: You don’t want to let it all go to waste and ruin the perfect tattoo design, don’t you?
- Keep in mind that the colors of your tattoo will lighten up once they are completely healed. Make sure to always put on sunscreen to protect your skin (and your tattoo). Ask your tattoo artist or friends for specific brand that are designed for skin with tattoos.
- Keep your tattoos moisturised all the time. This is very important if you want to keep your tattoo longer and avoid fading too soon.
There are a lot of important things to consider before getting a tattoo. Choosing a design for your tattoo is just as important as making the decision to get a tattoo. Don’t be in a rush to get one. Make sure to take your time to research not just the process of getting a tattoo but also about the design that you want. You might want to read a little background about the specific design of your Choice, knowing what it means and what it represents or symbolises will never hurt anyone. If you are not a hundred percent sure about a design, then don’t get it. Don’t get a tattoo on an impulse. Men and women who don’t think about their before getting it, usually regret the decisions they’ve made. You don’t want to be one of them, don’t you? Remember that when getting a tattoo, you need to be financially, emotionally, mentally, and physically prepared.If you are planning to get an angel tattoo design, then you are one step closer to make a decision after reading this. The that you are going to get will be inked on your skin for the rest of your life. Take your time and make your first tattoo meaningful. Good luck!