You don’t have to be an expert video editor to bring your ideas to life in 2021. But surprisingly 90% of marketers and business owners still feel like video editing is a super complex arena. They either outsource this and spend 4X the cost or drop the idea of creating videos altogether and lose out on a valuable marketing tool in the bargain. But what if there’s a way out wherein you can actually create videos online in minutes even if you’ve never edited a video before? That’s exactly what we’ll cover in this article, where we put together 11 best online video editors that you can get started with.
Adobe Spark offers basic video editing features with customisable templates suited to various platforms, as well as the option to create a video from scratch. The downside is that most of its features are locked behind a subscription fee.
Best for: Businesses and entrepreneurs.
– Clean, intuitive interface with helpful prompts to guide you.
– Several attractive templates and themes that are easy to customise.
– No watermark.
– Supports multiple collaborators on a single project.
– Videos customisable with brand logo, colours, and font.
– Supports sharing across social media channels.
– Very limited ready-to-use video templates
– No stock videos
– Basic audio library
– Video duration capped at 30 seconds in Free plan.
– Free plan has extremely limited features.
$9.99/month billed monthly.
This online video maker is packed with templates of various themes, plus stock video, audio, and photos. Renderforest is a handy tool if you’re looking to create a promo video, logo reveal, explainer, or music visualisation quickly. However, a big con is that you cannot create a video from scratch; you can only add your own images or footage to the existing templates.
Best for: Businesses, entrepreneurs.
– Varied templates, including animated ones, for a variety of uses including presentations, explainers, slideshows, YouTube intros and logo reveals.
– Interface is easy to use.
– 500k+ stock videos and 200+ music tracks.
– Video duration of upto 60 minutes with export in HD720 and HD1080 resolutions via paid plans.
– No watermarks on HD videos.
– Can add voiceovers.
– Free version allows you to create videos up to 60 seconds only.
– Only 360p, watermarked video exports supported by free plan.
– No option to create a video from scratch.
$49.99/month billed annually.
The interface of WeVideo’s online video editor is similar to that of traditional editing software, and the layout may pose a learning curve for inexperienced editors. Besides basic trimming and splitting functions, it’s packed with features, including access to stock footage and audio, green screen and slow motion, simultaneous screen and webcam recording, and integration with Twitter and Facebook. But with no ready-to-use templates, this is a good option only if you plan on working with your own footage.
Best for: Educators, vloggers, gamers, businesses.
– Several additional features such as green screen, slow motion, screen, and webcam recording, motion text, and an option to export audio separately.
– Can export videos in 720p and 4k HD resolution.
– Unlimited cloud storage and no cap on video duration. (Available on paid plans.)
– Can create your own templates.
– No watermark.
– Beginners may not find the interface easy to use.
– Free plan has very limited features and no access to stock footage.
– Limited library of stock photos, footage, music, and audio effects.
– Very limited ready-to-use templates, and only available in the paid plans.
– Backgrounds and transitions look outdated.
$29.99/month billed annually.
This online video editor is best suited for video ads or short presentations. FlexClip is easy to use and comes with several customisable templates, stock footage, photos and audio, and motion text and overlays to suit various requirements and moods.
Best for: Social media marketers, businesses, entrepreneurs.
– Interface is easy to navigate and use no matter your skill level.
– Large template library.
– Animated text, overlay options, and stickers that can easily jazz up your video.
– Option to record voiceovers directly from the online video editor.
– Limited stock footage and photos
– Free plan supports video length of only 60 seconds, and the most cost-effective plan caps video duration at 3 minutes. Video duration of between 10 and 30 minutes is only available with the top-tier paid plans.
– Free plan only supports video exports in 480p.
– Cloud support for only up to 1,000 videos.
$19.99/month billed annually.
We found this online video maker by Vimeo to be one of the easiest to use. The interface is filled with prompts to guide you through the process so you don’t waste time figuring out how to use the editor. Magisto uses AI to put together a video in minutes with minimal inputs required from you. That said, you can also choose to take a hands-on approach and edit your video yourself.
Best for: Marketing or brand videos.
– 3+million HD stock videos and 25 million stock photos, and commercially licensed music.
– Trendy fonts, transitions, and ready-to-use palettes.
– Interface is easy to navigate. Put together a complete video in minutes by just uploading photos or footage and adding text.
– Videos are customisable with brand colours, logos, and fonts.
– HD video downloads.
– Includes a free Vimeo Pro or Vimeo Business plan.
– Limited ready-to-use templates
– Video duration of only 10 minutes.
– No free version.
$9.99/month billed annually.
Can you edit videos online?
Absolutely! You don’t need to download any software to produce professional-quality videos. You can use any of the online video editors we’ve listed here to create and edit videos right from your browser. While some of these platforms offer paid plans, we’ve also listed options where you can edit your videos online for free.
Is There Any Online Video Editor No Watermark?
Yes, there are some free online video editors without watermarks, such as ClipChamp, Online Video Cutter and Hippo Video after exporting. But you should note that in some online video editing tool, the video resolution may be limited to 480p in the free plan.
While, free online video editors like Clip Champ didn’t watermark your video but the quality is limited to 480P. Video Toolbox can remain the original quality and keeps no watermark, but the interface isn’t intuitive. The rising star Kapwing will be a good choice if you don’t need many editing features.
2. Is There Any Online Video Maker With Music And Pictures?
For those who want to use the music and pictures from the online video maker, I recommend you try Magisto and Kizoa. From the description of these two editors, you can see they are a perfect match.
Where can I edit my videos online for free?
There are plenty of options to edit videos online for free, starting right here ! Our free plan gives you access to a super intuitive video editor, and 3500+ customisable video templates, and 3M+ standard media library for free.
How can I edit videos for free?
There are several online video editors that allow you to create and edit a video for free. Some offer basic functions such as cropping, trimming, and adjusting the aspect ratio, while others, provide you with templates, stock footage, photos, and audio as well. Scroll through our curated list to select one that best suits your needs.
And there you go! That’s our round-up of the top 10 best online video editors. We would love to know which one is your fav, tell us in the comments below, and if you did love this article, you should definitely check out this A-Z guide we’ve put together on how to make videos in 2021.